Just a reminder, I need orders by August 30th to be able to order the $15.00 tags. After August 31st they go to $25.00
I have updated the online order form. PLEASE use this form. Do not call the office. We end up getting orders crossed and I end up paying for tags that were not needed. If you have a problem with the online system please let me know, Carrie Sharp – email@example.com. Below is the direct link to the site.
We are looking forward to another successful season of validation this October. We are in a new cycle for ordering for heifers, Market Lambs, Market Goats, Wether Dams, Wether Does, Breeding Sheep and Breeding Goats, intending to show at 2022 Spring majors. Of course, heifers that were previously validated do not need to be re-validated, unless they changed breed or ownership. In addition to Breeding Sheep and Breeding Does that were validated in June of 2021.
I have included links to all of the new documents, including: 2021-2022 Texas 4-H/FFA Livestock Program Ethics Policy, the updated October heifer validation guidelines, as well as other forms that have been slightly revised for this season. Not much has changed, but we do want to bring special attention to the Ethics Policy and changes/processes included in that important document. I have outlined all of the documents below to help you get a feel for what’s most important. Please check these out and become familiar with updated rules/forms.
Also, please see note below regarding uploading heifer registration papers early. This is highly recommended if you are validating heifers.
- NEW RESOURCE - Heifer Dates of Eligibility: https://texasyouthlivestock.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/2021-2022-Texas-4-HFFA-Livestock-Program-Breeding-Heifer-Dates-of-EligibilityFINALFall.pdf
- This document is useful in determining which dates on different breed registration papers are used for eligibility. All papers dated after November 1, 2021 will be ineligible for this validation season.
- 2021-2022 Texas 4-H and FFA Livestock Program Ethics Policy: https://texasyouthlivestock.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/2021-2022-Ethics-Policy-FINAL-4721-2.pdf
- NEW: Page 3 Signature Acknowledgement Page. This is a new addition to the Policy this year.
- This page was added to help allow families to keep Pages 1 and 2 for reference throughout the year.
- This will also allow you to only keep and return Page 3 with all signatures and the address for the physical location the livestock will be kept.
- The signatures obtained on Page 3 confirm all signing parties have read and understand Pages 1-3.
- Please thoroughly read Rule #3 and Rule #4. These are typically the rules with the most questions and concerns.
- Of course, we ask you also familiarize yourself with minor edits throughout the document as well.
- There is also a Spanish translated version of the Ethics Policy to use as needed. https://texasyouthlivestock.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Translated-Ethics-Policy-2020MW1070307_Ethics-Policy_SP2.pdf
- Rule #3 Approval Form - *Important: action needed when livestock leaves care of exhibitor, parent/guardian, or CEA/AST*
- This form and approval process was new last year. However, there is still room for improvement on utilizing this form. Please familiarize yourself with the process, intent and importance of this document.
- Form can be found here: https://texasyouthlivestock.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Rule-3-Approval-Form-4.14.20.pdf
- Informational video: https://texasyouthlivestock.com/cattle-validation/
- Heifer Show Guide: https://texasyouthlivestock.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Heifer-Show-Guide.pdf
- This document is used to assist in determining eligibility of heifers for each breed categories for shows this year. This is subject to change, please check show rules.
GOATS AND SHEEP
· Validation Fee for all Sheep and Goats.
o $15 per head August 1 – August 31.
o $25 per head September 1 – October 25.
o Payment will be due at the time of invoicing, not ordering. Invoices will be sent in September for orders placed on or before the deadline. Late orders will be invoiced as they arrive. Please send payment with the invoice for each ordering period.
· Single Validation Tag and Validation forms for sheep and goats.
o All Market Lambs, Market Goats, Breeding Sheep, Wether Dams, Breeding Goats, and Wether Does will use the same RFID validation tag.
o All Market Lambs, Market Goats, Breeding Sheep, Wether Dams, Breeding Goats, and Wether Does will be on the same form.
o Breeding Sheep and Goat registration papers will be uploaded to the validation website by the county validation chairman.
o Beginning June 1, 2021, registered breeding sheep, registered breeding goats, wether/commercial dams, and wether/commercial does will have 3 total years of eligibility UNLESS A CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP TAKES PLACE. Breeding animals validated for State Fair in June do not have to be revalidated for major shows. Put plainly- if you validate for State Fair during the June 2021 validation period, your validation will be eligible until June 2024, unless a change of ownership occurs during that time- then you must re-validate.
o All sheep and goats are eligible for family validation. Registered sheep and goats can family validate if the registration papers have all exhibitors full names listed as owners. Registration paper ownership will determine the exhibitors eligible to show that project.
MARKET LAMBS AND GOATS VALIDATED FOR THE STATE FAIR OF TEXAS MUST BE REVALIDATED FOR THE 2021-2022 SPRING/WINTER MAJOR SHOWS. STATE FAIR OF TEXAS MARKET LAMB AND GOAT VALIDATION TAGS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AT THE MAJOR SHOWS.
Texas Lamb Breeders Association (TLBA) and Texas Goat Breeders Association (TGBA) tag numbers MUST be in the animal’s ear and be recorded on the validation form at validation. NO TLBA or TGBA tag numbers will be added to the validation forms after the forms are submitted to the Sheep and Goat Validation of Texas program. Market lambs and wether does must have a TLBA tag to be eligible to compete in the San Angelo Stock Show.
I have updated the online order form. PLEASE use this form. Do not call the office. We end up getting order crossed and I end up paying for tags that were not needed. If you have a problem with the online system please let me know, Carrie Sharp – firstname.lastname@example.org. Below is the direct link to the site.