4-H Events and Activities

Monday, November 07, 2011

How Many Know the National 4-H Creed for 4-H Members?

So just how Many of You Know the National 4-H Creed for 4-H Member?


The 4-H Creed

In the early days of 4-H, in keeping with the times, a creed was developed. Many states were developing creeds or statements of beliefs that guided work. A National creed was developed for members and leaders.

The National 4-H Creed for Members:

I believe in 4-H Club work for the opportunity it will give me to become a useful citizen.

I believe in the training of my HEAD for the power it will give me to think, to plan and to reason.

I believe in the training of my HEART for the nobleness it will give me to become kind, sympathetic and true.

I believe in the training of my HANDS for the ability it will give me to be helpful, useful and skillful.

I believe in the training of my HEALTH for the strength it will give me to enjoy life, to resist disease, and to work efficiently.
I believe in my country, my State, and my community, and in my responsibility for their development.

No comments:

Post a Comment