4-H Events and Activities

Monday, February 08, 2021

COVID UPDATE for the Major Livestock Shows.

 Major Livestock Shows in Texas are in full swing and I know many of you are either in San Angelo or preparing for San Antonio this week. This year’s shows are certainly different than ever before. We realize that many of you have likely participated in the replacement shows that were created to fill the void left by the cancellation of Fort Worth and Kerrville. I would like to take the time to remind you that these shows were held in more rural locations than these upcoming major shows, so might have been slightly more relaxed when it comes to Covid-19 restrictions.


As some of you received today the San Angelo COVID verification form from us. I am trying to keep up with the ever changing updates but I am feeling grateful that these Major show committees are working VERY hard to make this work. With that in mind....

As you make plans for any involvement in San Antonio, Houston and Austin you should be aware that there will be strict guidelines and high expectations for all who are participating to wear facial coverings. These shows are very much under a microscope from local health officials and the public, and we need to do all we can to assist them in this endeavor. Obviously we all need to comply and I encourage our families to do the same. I fully realize that I cannot force you all to wear a facial covering, but we need to set the best example we can and to follow suit.

I admire the hard work that the families and leaders do to get our youth down the road to these awesome opportunities to promote the livestock industry. I am certainly privileged to work with you all.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me. I can not wait to see our 4-H youth back in the show pen at the major shows.

Hope to see you in San Antonio. Be safe on the road and hope you are prepared for the cold stint headed our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment